The tile floor is a smart choice for your bathrooms, kitchens and even for the whole house. Because it is easy to maintain. And you don’t need to give too much effort for cleaning it.
Do you recently decorate your home by tile floors? Don’t have much idea how to maintain or clean it? Looking for some effective tile floors cleaning tips?
No, worries! For this, you have to know some basic tile floors cleaning tips. Besides some smart techniques, deep cleaning tips and grout cleaning ideas.
Tile floors cleaning tips for you
The floors of your house will get dirty daily. You can’t avoid the situation. What you can do that- you have to take proper care of it as a regular basis. Hense tile floors can get messy & grimy by many types of stains. And there are various tile floors cleaning tips for several stains. Here I bring the tips all together for you. If you know the proper techniques it will not only save your time and energy but also low your cost.
1. Regular cleaning by warm water
- First, you have to sweep or vacuum your floor to remove food crumb, loose dirt or any other things that make dirty your floor.
- If the floor doesn’t contain any hard stain you can mop it with warm water. Run a damp mop over the floor to clean the certain portion of the room.
- After mopping a particular area of the room clean the mop with warm water every time.
- Then you have to make the damp area dry as soon as possible.
2. Grout stains cleaning by vinegar & baking soda
Grout is a place where grime and germ grow easily. We often see stains on grout, especially in your kitchen and bathroom. Apply a thick mixture of baking soda and water on grout. Then spray vinegar on it. And you will look they are bubbling. Wait until it stops. Then scrub the area with a toothbrush. After the stains remove wash it by clean water.
3. Remove regular stains by vinegar & warm water
If your floor contains regular stains that can easy to remove then you can apply this cleaning tip. Mix half cup vinegar with one-gallon warm water. Then just mop your floor with this mixture. Hence your floor doesn’t shine as before, you can clean it by detergent. After that, of course, mop the floor again with clean water.
4. Remove mildew stains by ammonia
Often mildew stains occur in our bathroom or kitchen for a wet atmosphere. For cleaning this type of stains you have mix ammonia with the same portion of the water. Wear a rubber hand gloves to protect your hand. Apply the mixture on the stains and scrub the area with a soft brush. Then rinse it off with clean water.
5. Remove rust stains by kerosene
Kerosene is perfect for removing rust stains from your tile floors. Don’t forget to wear gloves before cleaning the floors. Pour kerosene in a clean cloth and rub the damp cloth on the rust stain. The stains will easily get off. After that clean the area with warm water. Kerosene has a strong odor indeed. If you want to avoid it just add few drops of your favorite essential oil on the warm water.
6. Remove wax by iron & paper towel
If your tile floors get dirty by wax then this tips for you. Put a paper towel over the wax and apply a hot iron over it. The wax will melt into the paper towel quickly.
7. Remove paint stains by turpentine/detergent
You can remove oil-based paint stains from your floor by using turpentine or paint thinner. Dipped a clean cloth in the turpentine and scrub the dirt brush. If your stain is water-based paint, then regular detergent is enough for that. Just scrub the area with detergent and your job is done.
8. Remove scuff marks by neutral floor cleaner
Shoe heels or rubber burns of your sneakers can create easily scuff marks on your floor tiles. To get rid of this type of stains, first mixed one ounce if neutral floor cleaner with one gallon of clean water. Then mop the floor with that mixture and your scuffs will easily remove. For better result, you can use warm water.
9. Remove hard water scum by baking soda
Damp area of your floor can easily create hard water scum. To remove this type of stains apply a thick paste of baking soda on that area. Let them sit for a few minutes and then scrub it with soft bristled brush and stains will get off. After that just wash the area with clean water.
10. Remove oil or grease stains by trisodium phosphate/detergent
Unfortunately, sometimes our floor get dirty by grease or oil. You can apply detergent to remove easy oil stains from your floor. If the solution doesn’t work properly you can apply trisodium phosphate instead of that. Just mixed hot water with it and apply it on the stains. After removing the stains wash the area with clean water.
11. Remove coffee stains by baking soda
If you can’t remove coffee stains from your floor by regular wash. Then you can try baking soda for removing the stains. Apply a thick paste of baking soda over the area and wait for several minutes. Then scrub it with a soft brush and wash it with clean water.
12. Remove fruit juice & tea stains by trisodium phosphate
Unfortunately, your kids or guest drop some fruit juice or tea on your tiles and you don’t see the stains on that time? The stains get harder and its quite tough to remove? Then you can use trisodium phosphate for that. Add one tablespoon of trisodium phosphate in one-quart hot water and apply it on the stains. Scrub the stains and wash it off with clean water.
13. Remove tough stains by bleach
Your floor contains stubborn stains? Can’t remove it by any remedies? Then you can try bleach. You have to mix a one-third portion of water with the bleach. Then apply the mixture on the tough stains and wait for few minutes. Then rub the area with brush and before you start to clean make sure you are wearing a rubber hand gloves. After cleaning the stain you have to remove the bleach perfectly from that area.
Precautions for tile floors cleaning tips
- You should use rubber hand gloves before applying the cleaner.
- Always use a soft-bristled brush for cleaning.
- Don’t apply bleach on colored grout.
- Always dry your floor after mopping.
- Use a few drops of essential oil with clean water after cleaning the floor with strong odor elements.
- Always sweep the floor before regular mopping.
- Don’t let sit any stain on your floor for a long time.
- Just let sit hard chemicals on your floor for few minutes.
If you want to remove different types of stains from your floor, you need to know the different types of tile floor cleaning tips. Know the proper techniques, apply these and clean your floor easily. Generally speaking, these tile floor cleaning tips will make your floor shiny and sparkling as before for a long time.
If you want to add some suggestions on tile floor cleaning tips feel free to write it below in the comment box. And I am waiting for your valuable feedback.