Brothers and sisters, Almighty Allah has filled the universe with the wonder of science, he created the luminous sun, the dazzling stars, and the majestic mountains. But sometimes Allah wants to show us his beauty, his power, his wisdom. And sometimes he wants to show how much great a man can be, so he creates someone like Ali Ibn Abi Talib(A.S.). Better known as Imam Ali.
Imam Ali was the cousin and son-in-law of Muhammad, the prophet of Islam. He ruled as the fourth caliph and was the first Imam of Shia Islam. His life is full of glory, contribution, and sacrifice.
I have collected some of his quotes that motivate us to be honest, humble and modest. And here are Imam Ali’s motivational quotes.
Imam Ali’s motivational quotes about honesty and truthfulness.
- There are two ways to live a pleasant life, either in someone’s heart or in someone’s prayer.
- Be like the flower that gives its fragrance even to the hand that crushes it.
- Speak only when your words are more beautiful than silence.
- The nourishment of the body is food, while the nourishment of the soul is feeding others.
- The most merciful person is the one who forgives when he is able to take revenge.
- Body is purified by water, self is purified by tears, intellect is purified by knowledge and the soul is purified with love.
- Nobody can guard your secrets better than you, so do not blame anyone for revealing your secrets, for you could not hide them yourself. Your secret is your prisoner, which if let loose it will make you prisoner.
- Do not force your children to behave like you, for surely they have been created for a time which is different to your time.
- A sin that humbles you is better than a good deed that makes you arrogant.
- Trust those people who can know the reason behind this three things-Pain behind your smile, love behind your anger, and reason behind your silence.
- Be like the honey bee, anything it eats is clean, anything it drops is sweet and the branch it sits upon does not break.
- Be soft, without being weak. Be strong, without being violent.
- The real you is what you do when no one is watching you.
- Anger is like a ball of fire, but if you swallow it, its sweeter than honey.
- Do not show pleasure in somebody’s downfall, for you have no knowledge of what the future holds in store for you.
- Do not use the sharpness of your speech on the mother who taught you how to speak.
- A true friend is one who sees a fault, gives you advice and who defends you in your absence.
- It is better to listen a wise enemy than to seek counsel from a foolish friend.
- If you want to hear beautiful replies, speak beautiful words.
- When proven wrong, the wise man will correct himself and the ignorant will keep arguing.
- Words are under your control until you speak them, but you come under their control once you have spoken.
- Beautiful people are not always good, but good people are always beautiful.
- A person is weighted by his speech and valued by his action. So say that which is weighty and do that which has great value.
- Learn to be quiet just as you learn to talk, because if talking guides you, being quiet protects you. By being quiet, you attain two characteristics: You are able to take knowledge from those more knowledgeable than you and you are able to repel the ignorance of those more ignorant than you.
Hope these Imam Ali’s motivational quotes will help you to be patient, cordial and honest. If you are interested to know about more quotes you can go to my another post. And if you have any suggestions feel free to write below.