Thomas Alva Edison (February 11, 1847 – October 18, 1931) better known as Thomas Edison was an American savvy businessman and greatest inventor. Edison was the prolific and quintessential inventor in the era of Yankee ingenuity.
Thomas Edison’s invents a record number of 1,093 patents (singly or jointly) such as the first commercially practical incandescent electric light bulb, the telegraph, alkaline storage batteries, the universal stock ticker, the phonograph, the Kinetograph (a camera for motion pictures). He also created ‘Wizard of Menlo Park’, the world’s first industrial research laboratory and many more.
Edison’s numerous inventions have influenced us strongly. He didn’t stop until he got what he wanted. He was known to be hardworking. His story has much to teach and inspire us. So here I have collected Thomas Edison inspirational quotes on success for you.
Thomas Edison inspirational quotes on success
1. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
2. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
3. Learn with both your head and hands.
4. Not everything of value in life comes from books- experience the world.
5. Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.
6. I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.
7. Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward.
8. There’s a way to do it better – find it.
9. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.
10. What you are will show in what you do.
11. There is no substitute for hard work.
12. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
13. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
14. Great ideas originate in the muscles.
15. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
16. To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
17. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
18. There are no rules here — we’re trying to accomplish something.
19. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this – you haven’t.
20. If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
21. I start where the last man left off.
22. When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.
23. One might think that the money value of an invention constitutes its reward to the man who loves his work. But… I continue to find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.
24. To have a great idea, have a lot of them.
25. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.
26. The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.
Hope this Thomas Edison inspirational quotes on success will help you in the long run of your life. You can write down your favorite quotes on Thomas Edison in the comment box and if you have any suggestions feel free to write below.